4x5 Revisited _ Industrials 1

After submitting 12 images for the View Camera Australia Folio, it has caused me revisit all my 4x5 camera work. It has been a really interesting time and I feel re energised by the process and surprised myself by how much I have enjoyed looking at past work in detail. While I haven't changed things greatly, I guess my Photoshop skills have advanced over time, so there have been a number of refinement process. It is interesting that I recently remade / updated many of my PS actions and these have greatly sped up things. All the work I have been putting in to various luminosity masking in particular, has really paid off (I also purchased RAYA PRO, and while it is in the main, a repeat of many of my own actions, the layout and careful thought put into it by Jimmy McIntyre means it is a brilliant piece of kit, and really speeds things up)

I have decided to put up many of my 4x5 images, some well known and others that many viewers would be unaware of... maybe it is a sign of advancing age and trying to make things as organised as possible...


Starting with my 'INDUSTRIALS' ...

I was reminded recently about a quote by Confucious ... 'Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it'...

There are people who remain perplexed by my interest in industrial sites, but amongst other things, I have found beauty there, and hope my work is able to show that... so, in no particular order, here are some recent files...


These images of the Bolte Bridge under construction were made in 1998 ...















Port Melbourne, 1992...




Brookland area, 1992...





Adelaide, 1991...






Port Melbourne, 1991...







Port Melbourne, 1990...












Spotswood area, 1992...






















Anglesea, 1990 ...







Comments

Popular Posts