Bolte Bridge revisited_01

While I was making some of my 4x5 work based on the construction of the Bolte Bridge in the 1990's, I started experimenting with a 6x7 roll film back on the 4x5... trying to make more complex 'structures' based on the bridge rather than a single exposure... I have recently rediscovered these and have started making some final versions... here is an example from 1998 ... I had in mind that they would be large in scale and hopefully a little disorienting and 'unstable' to view ... the extended white frame were supposed to add to that impression ...





Going back so far in time, and 15 years is quite a while, it is a bit hard to get my head back into what I was hoping to achieve, but I was certainly trying to 'fracture' the image somewhat ... while I don't fell these are totally successful or finalised it has been an interesting process looking at them again... I guess it means it's better to make and finalise work at the time it was envisaged ... for better or worse ... One of the ideas in making this series, was to make the print scale truly vast... as each image was from a 6x7 cm. neg. it would have been very easy to enlarge each panel to individual mural size and hence a very large, wall size,  final piece ...






Comments

Popular Posts