Momento Mori 1

Have started playing (again) with the many scans from my collection... not sure where I am going, but it is time to revisit this still unresolved aspect of work...
Momento Mori refers to the Latin phrase ' Remember you must die'... it has been a central motif for many artists as a device to remind people of their own mortality and fragility...
These images are based on the various objects that I have been collecting for decades that are sitting in various storage boxes in my studio.



Comments

Unknown said…
These look very interesting. They remind me of findings from a Darwinian expedition. Maybe they could have a steam-punk angle?
Greg Wayn said…
Thanks for the thoughts... the Darwinian connection is a very interesting and pertinent one... as for the steam punk angle I am not so sure, but then again it is a very rich vein to tap...

Popular Posts